Sunday, November 9, 2014

Follow Your Heart


I know we've looked at this video in class already but it really speaks to me. At one point Allen Watt says, "What would you like to do if money were no object? How would you really enjoy spending your life?" I think about this question all the time. Part of the reason I want to be a nurse is to be financially stable in my life. But thinking about what I would do if money were no issue, I still believe I would work. I would still work as something; a nurse, a doctor, etc.. If I wasn't working I'd be volunteering because I cannot picture a life that doesn't involved helping people. Being a nurse is just the best way I can think of to do that. The video talks about how people have passion to be writers or painters but there's no money in that so they get stuck doing a job they hate but that pays the bills. "You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living that is to go on doing things you don't like doing..." I honestly believe I'm going to enjoy being a nurse. In my job now as a nursing assistant I look forward to giving patients showers and making them feel better with something most people take for granted. Watt asks the question, "What do I desire?' I desire a family, a career, to live comfortably, and to spend everyday doing whatever I can to help others. That is all that I need to be happy and to live my life to the fullest. Work consumes most of ones life. I've been working since I was 16 and I wont stop till I'm in my 60s so I better make sure I love what I do, as should everyone, and I know I will. The title to this video is Follow Your Heart, my heart is telling me to be a nurse, telling me to be wife and a mother and that is all I want.

theJourneyofPurpose TJOP. "Steve Jobs | Allen Watt - Follow Your Heart". Online Video Clip. YouTube. YouTube. 14 April 2014. Web. 5 November 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment